Tuesday, November 16, 2010

The Wright Brothers

This was my answer to one of my favorite TV shows as a kid, Simon and Simon.  Along with magnum...this was one I made time to watch, likening the interraction between Rick and AJ to that of me and my own brother.  When I sat down to write this one, however, I left THAT dynamic, as well as the one between me and my own brother out of it and attempted to capture the dynamic between two polar opposites, tied together by blood, and little else.  In a way...that IS the heart of Simon and Simon, as well me and my brother.  It's a brother thing regardless of how you look at it.  My story is a finite one with this one, but I still haven't decided if it will go on beyond the conclusion of this.  The future is unwritten, we are often told. 
That said, I have altered the setting a bit in this.  It takes place in a time similar to ours, but it has different inventions and culture.  Most of what you know and expect is the same but a lot of the key components have been altered.  That plays into the story a lot.  You don't get a feel for this from the brief 5-page sample I did...but it is painfully evident in the full story.

Page 1

Page 2

Page 3

Page 4

Page 5

No comments:

Post a Comment